Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What tools and information will I need to purchase a permit online?
- A device (computer, laptop, tablet, cell phone) with access to the internet.
- A valid email address.
- Permits can only be purchased by the registered owner of the snowmobile and in order to do so, registered owners are required to set up their own account in the online permit system.
- Valid VIN and vehicle registration numbers are required to complete the permit transaction.
- Identification of your local club
- Payment method (Visa, Visa Debit, Prepaid Visa (must be equal to or more value to the amount of your total transaction as only one payment type per transaction will be accepted), Mastercard, and Discover Card
Can I get a refund for my permit purchase?
- Ontario Trails Permits are subject to the regulations under the Motorized Snow Vehicle Act (MSVA) and trail permit purchases are non-refundable and non-transferable (some exceptions apply, refer to transfer process).
How long until my permit arrives in the mail?
- Peak order times are between the middle of October and the end of November when delivery times can be as much as 30 days.
- Seasonal and Classic permit orders from December 2 onwards are processed and delivered within one to two weeks but you will receive a temporary permit via email which is valid for the two weeks or until your permit arrives in the mail, whichever takes place first.
- Multi-Day permits are delivered directly to your inbox once your order is processed and must be printed and displayed on your sled in compliance with the Motorized Snow Vehicles Act.
- ou have not received your permit within the period specified in your order confirmation please contact please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What if my permit is lost in the mail?
- If you selected the standard shipping option and the permit fails to arrive at the shipping address within 4 weeks, you can request a replacement permit for a $15 fee. The OFSC can only issue a replacement permit after you file a report for the lost permit to police – this is required by the Ministry of Transportation Ontario. The OFSC will require the police report number, the name of the officer who took the report and the name of the officer’s police service.
- If you selected the tracked shipping or US tracked shipping option and the permit fails to arrive at the shipping address within 4 weeks, please contact OFSC at email@example.com
Visit https://www.ofsc.on.ca/permits/#permit-faqs for additional FAQs.